Hazardous & Electronic Waste

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and/or universal waste includes items that are toxic, corrosive or reactive, and cannot be disposed in any residential cart or commercial bin. 

HHW should not be put in the trash, poured down a sink drain, or poured down storm drains. Common household hazardous wastes include - used motor oil, used oil filters, antifreeze, paint, paint thinners, cleaning products, pool chemicals, pesticides, mercury thermometers, expired medication, syringes, batteries, light bulbs, TVs, VCRs, landline and cell phones, computers, printers, copiers, stereos, appliances, etc. 

These materials should be delivered to the City of El Monte Hazardous Waste & Electronic Waste Collection Facility for proper disposal at our regularly scheduled Clean Up events.

Hazardous Waste & Electronic Waste Collection Facility

City of El Monte Public Works Yard

3990 Arden Drive, El Monte, CA 91731

2023 Clean Up Event Flyer_B

Use rear entrance, as shown on map.

Detailed map of Hazardous Waste & Electronics Waste Collection Facility

Other Waste

Business waste, explosives, ammunition, and tires will not be accepted.

For questions regarding hazardous waste disposal, please call (626) 580-2250.