Who must receive notice?

The Petitioner requesting the records should attempt to serve notice on the minor, who is the subject of the records and the minor's parents or guardians if the minor is under 18. If a minor is a dependent of the Juvenile Court, the minor's dependency attorney, DCFS and County Counsel also must be noticed. If a minor is a ward of the Juvenile Court, the minor's delinquency attorney, the District Attorney and the Probation Department must be notified. The Juvenile Court will ensure that proper notice has been served and notice parties that were not noticed.

Show All Answers

1. What is a juvenile police record?
2. What if the victim or witnesses were minors?
3. Why are juvenile police records confidential?
4. Who is entitled to a copy of juvenile police records?
5. If a person is entitled to a copy of the juvenile police records, where can he/she acquire it?
6. May law enforcement officials provide a copy of the records that has certain information removed?
7. May a person not listed above obtain a copy of the juvenile police records?
8. What does it mean to petition the Juvenile Court?
9. Where can a person obtain a petition form?
10. What information needs to be included in the petition?
11. Where should the petition be sent?
12. What does it mean to notice a party?
13. Who must receive notice?
14. What happens after a petition is submitted?
15. How long will the process take once the petition is submitted to the Juvenile Court?
16. If the petition is granted, how does the petitioner obtain the record?
17. After the petitioner receives a copy, may it be used in any purpose?