If you trap a wild animal, you must release it. The trapping and relocation of wildlife without a permit issued by the California Department of Fish and Game could be considered a violation of State Law.
El Monte Animal Control recommends that residents take the following steps to keep their property free of unwanted wildlife:
- Keep trash cans covered at all times
- Remove any fallen fruit from trees
- Remove your pet's food bowl after each feeding
- Keep yards free of overgrown vegetation and grass
- Do not feed stray animals or leave food around your property