El Monte Police Citizen’s AcademyWant to gain insight into how your El Monte Police Department operates? If so, the Citizens' Academy is for you! A 7-week program designed to educate participants on the “how’s” and “whys” of your police department operations and services. The academy offers front-line and behind the scenes information on law enforcement through interactive presentations and tours.
• Provide the community information to gain knowledge of police operations, units, division, procedures, and protocol.
• Develop a partnership between the community and police in order to establish a safer community.
• Motivate the community to proactively help prevent crime to help strengthen police and community relationships.
Topics & Activities Include
• Patrol Operations
• Traffic Division
• Use of Force
• Hostage Negotiations
• Narcotics Enforcement
• Police Communications
• Crisis Negotiations
• Professional Standards Division
• Air Support
• Detective Bureau
• K-9 Unit
• Simulated Shooting Exercises
Attending the Academy
6 classes will be offered from 6:00 P.M.-9:30 P.M., Start Date for the next Citizens' Academy is To Be Announced (Spring of 2019).
To participate, you must be willing to commit to attend at least 5 of the 6 sessions. If you’re interested in attending, please apply today.
Only those applicants who have successfully registered and passed a background check will be permitted to attend. Class size is limited, please apply soon! Please email your completed applications to CitizenAcademy@elmontepd.org or deliver them to the El Monte Police Department front lobby, addressed to Detective Rojas.
Please email CitizenAcademy@elmontepd.org or 626-580-2181 / 626-580-2135.